Seoul Selection Book Store


I love sharing things I learn. Perhaps it's because I'm a teacher by trade or maybe I'm a teacher because of it. Chicken, egg? Either way I love sharing my favorite things. Hence this blog.

After living in Seoul for over a year I finally found a bookstore I can't stop talking about! No it isn't as large as the YP bookstores and it doesn't have endless selections of English children's books like So What The Book. It has an amazing collection of English language books on Korea. Anything you could dream of is in this little pint sized store. I spent over an hour with my head cocked to the side reading book spines. As a mom of a toddler in tow, that's a lot of time! If you want to check out all the titles available before heading over check out their website. When we lived in Europe the guide books were endless. When we moved to Korea I felt as though Lonely Planet and Frommer's was all that was readily available. Those guides were nice but as a sojourner I always craved something with more depth. I wanted a book just about camping around Korea. I wanted a book just about taking walks around Seoul. Little did I know, the Seoul Selection book store had exactly what I was looking for, I just had to find it! Thankfully for my readers, you don't have to make the discovery alone!
                                  

 The bookstore is located across the street from the Gyeongbok Palace parking lot. 
Credit: Seoul Selection Website
 GPS Address:
B1 Korean Publishers Association B/D, 
105-2, Sagan-dong, Jongro-gu, Seoul, 110-190, Korea

I was able to park at the Gyeongbokgung Palace parking lot, the parking is so cheap it rivals taking the subway there. Sam and I walked over and headed under ground to the little bookshop. There is a set of stairs leading down into the small shop so I wouldn't suggest bringing the stroller. We went back a second time with SCS Daddy and just happened to have the stroller with us but we parked it right outside with no issues. The staff was extremely helpful and spoke perfect English. Here is the wonderful books I picked up on one of our visits! Well worth the trip! 



Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 9:30am - 6:30pm (Closed on National Holidays and Sundays)


Helpful Websites:

Seoul Selection Website

Comments

  1. Your blog has been a lifesaver during our six weeks in Seoul with our three year old! He LOVED Poli Park and we never would have known about it without you :) Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Seoul! I hope you end up loving it here as much as I have! I'm so glad I could help ease the transition! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so there. This place looks AMAZING. What a great tip! That camping book? I'm getting that. I've been dying to find some good Korea guidebook type reading. Thanks Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks amazing. GREAT tip. That camping book there? I'm getting that! Thank you so much for sharing Nicole!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment